Matrix Systems (Pvt) Ltd is looking to hire a Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQAE) for one of our product teams. We are seeking a skilled and motivated individual who can help us ensure the highest level of quality in our software products. You will be collaborating with the product team to understand product requirements and determine testing needs accordingly.
NOTE: This is an ON-SITE job based in Karachi for the day shift (9am - 6pm)
1. Participate in all SDLC phases and accomplish assigned tasks effectively and efficiently.
2. Participate in Application testing and Release Verification (testing, defect reporting and post-fix bugs verification) participate accordingly to ensure successful task completion.
3. Participate in formal technical reviews of artifacts (e.g. SRS, FS, DS, Installation Guides etc.) generated at various phases of SDLC.
4. Participate in Test Plan, Test Case and Test Script development, maintenance and execution.
5. Conduct document reviews and communicate issues identified in review to respective document owner.
6. Ensure appropriate resolution of issues identified in document reviews.
7. Perform R&D on new quality assurance & control methodologies and technologies.
8. Set up, configure, and maintain test lab configurations to support various test scenarios and environments.
1. Academic Qualification (s):
a. Bachelors / Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering
2. Minimum Skills:
a. Software Testing (STLC, Test-case writing, Testing Types etc.)
b. Software Quality Assurance (Testing strategies, Quality metrics, etc.)
c. Databases (query writing, stored procedure execution, database comparisons etc.)
d. Defect reporting
3. Management/Interpersonal Skills:
a. Good verbal and written communication & documentation skills.
b. Team player with proven record of leadership, integrated, respect and trust
c. Strong problem solving / Analytical skills
a. 0 to 2.5 years in application testing
1. Technical skills:
a. Knowledge of testing tools (JMeter, Jira, Postman, Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber)
b. Testing types
c. Test Automation - preferred
d. Agile/Scrum (principles, concepts, Agile testing, etc.)
2. Management/Interpersonal Skills:
a. Proven commitment to taking initiative, assuming ownership, and driving results.
b. Dedication to mastering domain knowledge and technical foundations.